Tuesday, January 16, 2007

IF-80s

Disco Duck

The theme this week, while providing a great deal of reverie, didn't really kick my muse in the booty. So, I decided to borrow an idea from BZ's journal and post an image of a painting I made in the '80s! Thanks BeeZee!

This painting is oil on panel and was painted in art school where I was told after presenting this to look at a duck sometime. So I did. And I got wet, but I still paint ducks like this, when I do paint them, which is hardly ever.

4 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Thanks for digging this up from the archives. Looks like the beginnings of something good. I recall trying to sketch a swan one while on campus in college one summer. I made the grave mistake of looking down for not even a minute when I soon discovered this big bird emerging from the pond charging and hissing at me! I never knew swans could be so vicious!

4:40 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...
Cool illo, nice colors!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Michelle Lana said...

pretty cool. great work.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

I really like this - the colours, composition, everything!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home