Friday, July 14, 2006

IF-Sacrifice

weighted-wings
Weighted Wings

If you asked me fly with you,
strap wings of feathers and wax to my back
I would say yes.

If you asked me to fly higher and higher
until the sun burnt the flesh off my bones
until my very soul was reunited with the fire
I would say yes.

If you asked me to look at the full moon
and to think of you
to see your face so like that moon
and not to cry
I would say no.

If you asked me to float forever
never drown
I would say,
It's all the same to the buddha.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Again, deep. Love your rich colours.

7:56 PM  
Blogger nadine said...

Lovely illustration. So rich with colour and texture.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Pequignot said...

I'm flying into the journey...

6:40 AM  
Blogger steve said...

This is so dreamlike and rich in color and imagination. Wonderful, unique take on the subject Alex.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home